This episode features Dr. Dana Mitra of the Penn State Univeristy and Kaden Litzinger, a student at Delta High School in Pennsylvania.
Dr. Dana L. Mitra is Professor and Director of Graduate Studies in the Department of Education Policy Studies at the Pennsylvania State University and Kaden Litzinger’s mom. She is the founding editor of the International Journal of Student Voice. Dana has authored over 30 articles on student voice and two books on student voice.
Kaden Litzinger is a ninth grade student at Delta High School in State College, Pennsylvania—a public, democratic school. She has participated in two International Conference on Student Voice in Dublin Ireland and Burlington, Vermont. She is also active in Quaker youth conferences through the Baltimore Yearly Meeting.
International Journal of Student Voice: Please consider contributing if you are a student, student voice researcher, practitioner or youth advocate.
This special episode with Dr. Dana Mitra and Kaden Litzinger is available here:
This episode is also available on iTunes.
- Civic Education in the Elementary Grades by Dana Mitra
- Student Voice in School Reform by Dana Mitra
- French Fries and Banyan Trees: American Kids Explore Bangalore and Beyond by Dana Mitra
- Delta High School, Pennsylvania
Special thanks to the original team for this episode:
- Host: Jean Courtney
- Audio Production: John Jacob Courtney
- Graphics: Joie Li
- Song: Our Time: Sound Check Shaping our Future Together